Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Have A Kind Heart!

Good morning to all! I feel I have to write about this because it upset me on a very deep & emotional level. Yesterday I encountered a situation I had no clue I was stepping in to. Someone whom I've known since she was a kid posted an interesting debate question about a certain subject. The subject itself was not something that is etched in stone. Basically, I presented another perspective on the subject. I know this person has been blessed with a situation in her life that others have not been fortunate enough to experience, myself being one of them. I truly believed  she posted this for others to be able to simply give their opinions and thoughts. I couldn't have been more wrong. I unintentionally ran head first into a mine field of judgement and condemnation, and from a self confessed christian. This person's mother basically blasted everything I said with malice intent. I was stunned and hurt that she would do that, not even trying to see this from any perspective but her own. In all honesty, this would have bothered me anyway, however lately I've been experiencing a battle of sorts against those that would try to oppress me with their false and unwarranted judgments of me, on a very personal level. So, the timing was not great for this to happen. Of course, I defended my intentions, only to get blasted by the daughter, who had originally written the post. This shocked me as well. After I gathered my wits, I responded as nicely as I could, deleted her off my friends list and was left with a truly sad mood. I was astounded that these people would do such a thing publicly, I felt as if I was being stoned publicly.
Having recounted my story now I would like to put something out there for all to hear. Yes, I have made bad decisions in my life. Yes, I have had more than my share of extraordinary situations I have had to deal with in my life and still do at times. Yes, I am VERY WELL AWARE of how my past looks to others who have no clue or idea who I really am. Yes, parts of my past look really bad to those who, again, have no idea what the truth of my situations have been. There are a handful of true friends and people who do know the truth and who are very well aware of who I am now and what my character is all about. My thanks and love go out to those people. I, in no way, wish to hide my past nor do I defend certain aspects of my past. Here it is folks, I am who I am, a work in progress, a flawed human being making her way in this world, jut like everyone else. I make no apologies for my past, as I have been forgiven from the One who counts and have tried to make amends with those I have hurt. If anyone out there wishes to blast me again, go right ahead. Believe me, I can take it. I may get upset and wonder why people would choose that path, but I can take it, make no mistake about that. I've heard it all, especially from those that confess to be christians. I, myself am a believer and I have never once seen anything in the Bible that would make a christian believe that oppressing, insulting and judging others is what God intends for us to do to each other. I'm pretty sure it says just the opposite. I have read the Bible in it's entirety, studied theology in college & I still haven't seen a verse one that, in any way, condones this behaviour.
So, I say to those who have judged me, slandered me, ridiculed me, and otherwise acted like I was beneath them, GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!! You are no better or worse than me. You are flawed and human just as I am. It is our responsibility to love one another UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  To you all I say, you, as well as myself will have to answer for these things. We should be trying to encourage, uplift and have fellowship with one another, not try to tear out the throats of those you choose to look down on from your throne of judgement. Not your call people. This is what's wrong with the world in a nutshell. More and more turn to hatred and judgement as their way of living and I, for one, choose to turn away from that. I truly wanted to be hateful in return to these people, I confess. But I chose not to because we ALL HAVE THAT CHOICE!
Now, having said all that, I would greatly encourage everyone to make better decisions about what you say to others and if you simply cannot find it in your heart or spirit to say something nice, THEN JUST KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!! Remember, when you point a finger at someone else, you have 4 others pointing back at you. And, if any one of you wants to point out my flaws, my past, my bad decisions, go right ahead. Just know, I won't be answering for your mean, unkind words, you will.
Thank for bearing with me, I had to vent. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment