Friday, July 29, 2011

Today Is The Day!

Good morning all! It's a beautiful morning, it's going to be another hot one but beautiful nonetheless! Today is a very special day for me! Earlier this year I became a ViSalus distributor and half heartedly started using the product. Today is the day to truly begin my 90 day challenge and start transforming my body into who I see myself in my mind! I will stay with it, I will promote this product as I have researched enough to see this is not a scam, nor a fly by night company or product.
I will begin by telling you lovely people a story. I am 49 years old. I have 5 kids and as of the end of January 2012 I will have 11 grandkids. I am very family oriented and one of my priority goals in my life is to help others become healthier, happier and wealthier in life and finances. I have been overweight since before I was a teenager and I will NOT be overweight when I turn 50 in March 2012. My father will be 75 in September and is Type 2 diabetic. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in March of 2001 when I was diagnosed with fybroid tumors and had to have a hysterectomy. The past 10 years I have struggled with diabetes, sometimes doing the right thing, sometimes not. Last June I went to the doctor and was put on 2 diabetic meds, a high blood pressure med, a cholesterol med and was told to start taking low dose aspirin. I was not a happy camper with myself about that. I have been gearing up since then to lose this weight, get off the meds as fast as possible (I was threatened by the doc to be put on insulin if I don't change my lifestyle) and I intend to realize my goals by the end of January 2012.
My motivation is really quite simple. I watched my mother struggle with Type 2 diabetes for many years. She was good at preaching at me about what I needed to do, but not so good at her own personal follow through. In June of 2006, my lovely mother passed away due to complications of diabetes. When she died she was on kidney dialysis 3 times a week, she was bedridden after going from a walker to a wheelchair, diabetic retinopathy (basically blood vessels pop in the retina causing loss of sight and blindness due to very high blood sugar) and had been in 6 different medical facilities over a span of 4 months. I watched this, begging her to keep a positive attitude and to make a serious change in her life, but to no avail. All of this because she was unwilling to motivate herself and make the necessary changes. Our entire family went through much grief and sorrow as a result of her actions. I WILL NOT DO THE SAME THING!!!! I will use her example as my motivator and make this change and become healthier, happier and able to enjoy my older years with my lovely and beautiful grandchildren, looking forward to the great grandchildren! I will eat to live, not live to eat! My life is full of beautiful family and friends and I want to stay alive and healthy to witness all I can before my time here is over!
I do have 1 request. Please encourage myself and others who have a struggle. It's important that we help one another in our daily struggles to become better, healthier people. It's a goal I have had for years and now I will completely dedicate myself to this goal. I have come clean about my failure to do it sooner and let everyone know where my mind set is now. If there is anyone who needs an encouraging shoulder, I am here. I will help in any way I can and in doing do, I can better help myself. I can't justify speaking it if I can't live it. In other words, I will walk the walk as I talk the talk!
Since this is my personal blog page, I am not going to promote my ViSalus business on here, but I will post updates as to how my my goal is becoming reality and how my business is doing. If you would like more info on my ViSalus business and the product, visit me on Facebook and I will have a link to my ViSalus web page there.
I see that I have been receiving more page views and to all who have visited UpWords, a huge thank you! Please tell your friends and family about my site and remember, I welcome, with an open heart and mind any and all comments! Thank you everyone, love to you all and have an absolutely gorgeous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment