Friday, August 28, 2009

Hello all! It's been too long since I posted and I will make it a point to keep up better! This picture was taken August 17th, in St. Albans, West Virginia. Jerry and I visited his folks in Lexington Kentucky and decided to go see where I lived from 1969 to 1972. West Virginia is an absolutely beautiful place and I really loved living up there. The bridge in the background is the one that connects St. Albans to Nitro, where I actually lived. It crosses over the Kanawha River and I used to sit on the banks of the river and watch the coal barges go by. It was beautiful to me! Not much has changed up there! I learned to love John Denver up there. When he came out with "Take Me Home, Country Roads", he sang it on the side of a mountain somewhere and we saw it and it was breathtaking, musically and visually! I'll never forget that! We had a great trip, went to Keeneland Park, where the Kentucky Derby is held, visited the Kentucky Horse Park where lots of renovations and upgrades are taking place due to the "olympics" for the equine community, which will be held in 2010, for the first time in the U.S.! Beautiful area! We stopped on Mud Island in Memphis on the way home! What an interesting place! It has a riverwalk along the Mississippi River and there is a giant man-made concrete, multi-level puzzle, following the course of the river and history maps, as well! It is just amazing! We drove by Graceland and it is such a shame to see the neighborhood around it has gone way down over the years. I had time to reflect and think on things while we were traveling and it was a wonderful and realxing trip! I have officially started on my book "Change Your Mind & Change Your Life". Everyone have a great day and I will post again real soon! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment